Friday, October 30, 2009

you can call me katie cakes


I have been on a baking kick the past few weeks. I'm not sure why. It might be because we are trying to save money, so I am trying to come up with some snacks that the kiddos Love and are cheap!
It also has to do with my kiddo's.


I can only play little people and pretend for so long! I was never a doll person and having a 3 year old who LOVES them is hard because I don't know what to do with them. I can feed them and pretend to put them to sleep but seriously how long can you do that for?? Im not even a baby person. I love them and think they are cute to hold and snuggle but it is definitly not my favorite age! So in my attempt to find new ways to "play" with my children I have taking up baking. And I'm not talking about box cakes and cookies. I'm talking about from scratch. I know all you super moms have been doing this for a while but its new for me. Its calming and fun(once you get past the fat that you are going to have flour and sugar in every area of your kitchen) I've made a few duds but these seem to be a hit!

Cinnamon bread and these little jam cookies yummmmmmmm.

Feel free to send any yummy treat recipe's you have my way!!!
I

No comments: