Tuesday, October 11, 2011

veint y nueve

I have been 29 for two months now. I really never cared about age before. It was how I felt or how I acted that mattered.
I mean you have the big birthdays like 5, 10, 13, 16, 18, and 21. But i must say these birthdays were not my favorites. 
I had better birthday's on non-monumental years. 
When i was younger i can remember having a lot of dreams. A lot of "when i grow up i want to be.." 
They all pretty much revolved around my 20's. I wanted to get married and have children. I wanted to stay home and bake cookies and iron clothes (really i did. weird i know) I wanted to be a teacher, a nurse, a forensic biologist, psychologist, a pediatric psychologist. I eventually went to school for early childhood ed. with a minor in psychology. 
I never ended up graduating. I got married and had a few kiddos instead. (best decision EVER) 
All these things happened in my 20's I have everything i ever planned for and before i even hit 28!! Now here I am 29!! My last year in my 20's!!! Almost 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i am lost. I have no more plans. What am I going to do!!!!??? (besides raise my kiddos) 

So i have decided to do a 30 before 30 list. 
I have tried in the past ( a few times). I plan on doing everything on this list. The good and the bad. The mundane and the extraordinary. 

1. Read a book every two weeks
2. Watch less TV
3. Buy something new for myself once a month ( i tend to buy for other people)
4. Go to the gym 3 times a week. 
5. explore more of Long Island. It is such a wonderful place
6. be a better friend
7. be a better wife.
8. Take a class or two.
9. Travel
10. pay off debt
11. be myself
12. Pray more
13. keep my house clean....er
14. Have Friendsgiving
15. Finish painting all the half painted things in my house
16. Learn how to REALLY play the piano
17. Spend the day alone without any children
18. have a theme party. maybe Asian??
19. Learn how to cook
20. get a massage..i don't like them
21. paint my nails once a week.
22. change my hair in some way
23. Get together with old friends
24. Work out 3 times a week/ get in shape for Spain!!!
25. wear only things that i am comfortable in
26. Find my confidence again
27. Actually print out some of the pictures i have taken
28.Learn how to garden
29. Go to Manhattan on my own!
30. Be a better mother

I know this is a pretty self absorbed post. I am aware! But i think it is good to set goals for yourself.  To really have something to look forward to. 

No comments: